It finally happened. The moment of a lifetime. Your beloved dropped onto one knee (or you did—hey, you’re a modern girl) and asked you to share a lifetime together. The world dissolved into sunshine, hazy daydreams, and questions. Endless questions.
Keep your eye on the prize. These are our best tips for what to do when you get engaged.
6 Tips for the Newly Engaged
- Enjoy it! Yes, your parents want to talk budgets, your relatives are clamoring for a wedding date, and your friends want to know who’s going to be in the wedding party. But this is your special moment. Savor it with your spouse-to-be.
- Pick a venue. Before you can choose a date, you need to choose a place. Tour wedding venues around Alpharetta. Ask about availability in the upcoming year, and decide how flexible you’ll be on your desired wedding date.
- Set the tone. Your flowers, centerpieces, catering, and even your wedding dress all work together to form a cohesive theme. Before you place a single down payment, determine your dream theme for the venue you found.
- Set a budget. Be frank in your discussion with family, friends, and of course, your fiancé. After all, every wedding planning decision hinges on this one.
- Register. The sooner the better! People will be celebrating you for months to come. You’d be surprised how many guests give gifts before the engagement party. (It’s a Southern thing).
- Make it official. Plan an engagement photoshoot at Chukkar Farms, solidify your guest list, and mail your Save the Dates. It’s official! You’re getting married!