Over Christmas and the New Year hundreds of couples got engaged and made the first step in beginning their lives together. If you’re one of those couples, at this point you have probably started your research to plan your wedding and reception, but, do you know where to begin? We’re going to help you today with some tips on how to wrinkle out the details with your caterer. At an event where the food is one of the critical details, you want to make sure that you ask all the right questions to get the information you need to make you and your guests happy. These are the top 10 questions you should be asking of your caterer:
- Are linens included?
- Do you have bartenders on staff or do you outsource?
- Who orders the alcohol – the caterer or the bride?
- Is gratuity included in their pricing or should we tip the staff on the day of?
- Will the food be prepared on-site, or off-site and stored in hot boxes?
- How many of your staff will be available to serve?
- Do you charge for vendor meals?
- Will you and your staff set up tables, chairs, and linens, or will that be our responsibility? Is there an additional fee included with this service?
- Will your staff set favors and other decor on the tables? Is that included or will there be an additional fee?
- Do you provide all of the glassware, flatware, and china?
We know that nothing about planning a wedding is particularly cheap, so make sure you ask all the right questions of your caterers so that you know what costs may be outside of their initial price quote. Chukkar Farm is now offering our staff to help you caterers serve and prepare food on-site if they don’t have any of their own. Please call or send us an contact form to get a quote on this service and the other services that Chukkar offers at our Alpharetta, GA wedding and event venue.