As we head into the New Year, wedding specialists are on the hunt for new trends; and if you’re trying to stay in the loop, we’ve got you covered! Here are a few trends to look out for in 2017 from your favorite wedding experts!
- A color comeback. Color is making a massive comeback, and we’re all about it! We’re seeing a lot less white weddings and a lot more colorful florals, centerpieces and lighting. We’re also seeing an increase in varied bridesmaid dresses and more in-depth color schemes.
- New destinations. When you think of a getaway wedding, you think tropical (Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, etc). But did you know that Canada, Iceland and Italy are emerging as top destination wedding locations? Something to think about!
- Top-down decor. People are starting to get creative with their ceilings! Whereas in year’s past the centerpieces and wall-decor were of main priority, chandeliers and top-down pieces are becoming more trendy. We’ve seen a lot of Christmas lights, DIY chandelier centerpieces and more continuing to trend in 2017!
- Buffett style and finger foods. In years past, a full course sit-down meal has been the standard. But due to prices and for the sake of time, many wedding planners are choosing to do a help yourself buffett style, and providing finger foods before and after the ceremony! We’re also seeing more dynamic desserts, with doughnut cakes or cookies instead of a traditional wedding cake.
- Two piece wedding gowns. A traditional gown will always be a favorite; but we’ve also been seeing tons of two piece wedding gown sets! It definitely makes a statement and looks gorgeous for brides who are trying to be trendy!
What adds to your trendy 2017? A trendy venue of course! Chukkar Farm is a unique and special venue that helps compliment your personal style. We’re already booking for a ton of 2017 weddings and we’re excited to talk to you about how we can help! We’re located in Alpharetta, GA and book weddings all year around!