We love the DIY wedding trends that have swept through the country in recent years. And why not? DIY decor is cute, affordable, and provides a unique opportunity for bonding with your bridesmaids (or your future mother-in-law). Planning a rustic wedding? These DIY wedding projects are as simple as they are sweet!
Rustic DIY Projects for a Barn Wedding
- Stairway to heaven. All you need is an old wooden ladder and a bridesmaid with an artistic eye. Use the steps of the ladder to display bursts of flowers in vintage birdcages, stack cupcakes if you’re low on table space, or show off oversized versions of you and your new hubby’s initials.
- Mr. and Mrs. signs. Drill holes in the top corners of two old boards. Paint “Mr” on one board and “Mrs” on the other. Thread the holes with ribbon, and hang on the back of the bride and groom’s chairs. Voila! Picture-perfect.
- A billowing frame. Don’t ruin the view of the countryside with a backdrop. Instead, focus every eye on the main event by draping light, elegant fabrics from tree branches. It will create a sweet, tasteful frame that you can use for photographs, to set off the cake table, or for the big moment when you say “I do.”
- Burlap and lace accents. Looking for a simple DIY project to add elegance to the table? Wrap silverware in burlap and tie a lace ribbon around each bundle of cutlery. Set them at each place setting or, if you’re going buffet-style, in a vintage tin bucket by the food.
- Horseshoe escort cards. Instead of simply tacking escort cards to board, lean into the equestrian wedding theme. Tie each name card to a horseshoe with a bit of twine or ribbon. Arrange them on a table or hang them from the fence for a cute, rustic twist on a wedding must-have.
Chukkar Farm is your destination for barn weddings in Alpharetta. Call today to schedule a tour of our facilities.