There’s something about red doors, a dusty barn and a beautiful countryside that we love so much. Rustic themed weddings have been the craze these days, and we can’t help but be on board. Every wedding has it’s similar timeline to plan, but there’s a few things specific to rustic weddings you should might want to keep in mind…
- Check for heating and air. Barns allow for beautiful indoor receptions and ceremonies, but if your wedding is in the dead heat of summer or the harsh cold of winter, you might want to look into heating and air conditioning! It wouldn’t be fun for guests to sweat or freeze their butts off would it? Fans, space heaters and more can be options for all weather conditions.
- You’ll need a food prep area. A downside of barns is that they’re often small; so make sure your caterers have any area to prep the food! Be sure to ask for more information at the venue when you’re booking.
- Plumbing and electricity. These are two things we take for granted, but two of the most important things to ask about when booking your venue! Ask if they have plumbing and if they don’t, try renting out portable bathrooms. And power is always a must, especially if you’re thinking about including string lights in your barn wedding.
- Check the floors. The floors at rustic weddings and barns can go one of two ways; it’s usually either very polished or very unfinished. It’s something to consider for your shoes, the material of your dress (if it might snag), etc. Ask these types of questions while booking!
- The weather. We can’t control the weather, but you can control how the venue reacts to it. Some barns suck in a lot of moisture, and some don’t. This is something to consider depending on seasonality!
We’d love to host your wedding here at Chukkar Farm! Our green barn venue gives it some flair, and we are incredibly flexible! Take a look at our gallery, or see our testimonials.