Are you thinking of hosting a winter wedding? It can be done, especially here in the south where we don’t typically have harsh winters. But, the weather can be unpredictable and you don’t want your guests to be cold and miserable. When you’re planning your frosty ‘I Dos,’ keep these things in mind:
- Dress warmly. Even if your gown has long sleeves, you’re going to feel the chill. Whether its a stole, a jacket, or a warm scarf, bundle up!
- Men too. Make sure your groom and groomsmen wear the warmest suits they can find. They may even want a scarf and gloves for any outdoor photoshoots.
- Keep guests entertained and happy with warm drinks like hot chocolate, cider, coffee and hot toddies. Basically, if it’s warm and wet – they will be happy!
- Get festive in your details! It’s time for silver, pine cones, berries, and greenery to bring the feeling of the season into your celebration.
- Invite early. There’s nothing worse than receiving a last minute wedding invite during a season that’s already extremely busy. Make sure you give your guests plenty of time to arrange their schedules. This way you won’t be disappointed with a low turnout!
- Remember the fact that the days get dark extremely early this time of year. Use this to your advantage but make sure you get your photos done early. There’s nothing worse than running out of light to ruin your bridal photos. Get them done before the ceremony if you have to. When the sun does go down, use fairy lights and candles to keep the ambiance going all night long.
We’d love to help you host your winter wedding! We have plenty of tips and tricks to keeping you and your guests warm and dry if winter is your season of choice.